We’ve helped a number of clients who are based in Hong Kong and the wider Asia region to relocate to the UK. For some, it’s a homecoming after years of living abroad. For others, it’s a completely new experience.
However, relocating to another country is rarely easy and for those moving to the UK there are a number of additional challenges to overcome. The UK tax system is notoriously complex and can be a shock if you are used to the more straightforward tax systems of Hong Kong.
We can help you to determine what your tax position will be when you arrive in the UK. We can then identify which tax planning options are available to you and help you avoid any pitfalls which may result in paying tax unnecessarily.
By understanding what you and your family want from your new life in the UK, we’ll review your circumstances and put together a financial plan. This will map out your income and expenditure and identify what you need to do to achieve your goals, whether that’s living stress-free, paying school fees or enjoying an early retirement.
Why should you work with us?
Our dedicated financial advisers provide a personalised, one-to-one service to meet your financial needs. With skills honed over years of experience, as well as personal experience of living and working abroad, we understand the challenges and concerns you are likely to have.
Our advice is completely independent and impartial; we’re not tied to any providers as a restricted adviser or bank would be. No matter how complex your life is, we’re here to smooth the way and help you to achieve your financial goals.
How we can help
- Clearly explain the UK Statutory residence test and how you may need to time your move to the UK
- Identify suitable tax planning and structuring options based on your circumstances, balancing flexibility with tax efficiency
- Cash flow planning to assess how your UK tax position will affect your net income position
- Identify how your tax status may affect your long term financial planning, such as retirement planning
- Coordinate with other professional advisers from the legal, accountancy, property and banking & lending professions. We also work with service providers such as education consultants and home moving services.